☑️ What is Otter?
Otter is an AI-driven transcription service that uses advanced machine learning to transform spoken language into written text. It is voice-to-text transcription software that uses artificial intelligence to pick up the voice, processes it through an AI algorithm, and starts stacking the words on the page, ready to read, highlight, and copy.
🔗 Official website: Otter
🔑 Key Features
Real-time Meeting Notes: Otter AI provides real-time meeting notes that are shareable, searchable, and secure.
Automated Meeting Notes: Otter can be connected to your Google or Microsoft calendar and it can automatically join and record your meetings on Zoom, Microsoft Teams, and Google Meet.
Live Summary: During the meeting, Otter generates a summary in real time, allowing you to easily catch up on anything you missed.
Custom Vocabulary: You can add custom vocabulary to improve the accuracy of transcription.
Import Pre-recorded Audio/Video Files: You can import pre-recorded audio or video files for transcription.
Live Captions for Zoom and Google Meet: Otter provides live captions during Zoom and Google Meet calls.
Edit Text, Speakers, and Time Codes: You can edit the transcribed text, speaker names, and time codes.
Search Notes by Keyword, Speaker, and Date: This feature allows you to search your notes using keywords, speaker names, or dates.
🤓 How to use Otter?
- Register for an Otter AI account: To begin using Otter AI, you need to first sign up for an account.
- Download the Otter AI app: Once you’ve registered, the next step is to download the Otter AI app.
- Connect your Calendar: Connect Otter to your Google or Microsoft calendar so it can automatically join and record your meetings on Zoom, Microsoft Teams, and Google Meet.
- Start Recording: You can start recording conversations in real-time for meetings, webinars, virtual events, or in-person.
- Transcribe a Video: To transcribe a video, play the video on speaker mode (i.e., no headphones) and record with Otter.ai running in a Chrome or Firefox browser window on the same computer, or the Otter mobile app on your iOS or Android device placed close to the computer’s speaker.
- Edit and Share Transcriptions: You can edit the transcribed text, speaker names, and time codes. You can also share the conversation with someone or a Channel; add a photo, comment, assign tasks, and highlight within the transcript.
📚 Otter Use Cases
- Sales Meetings: OtterPilot for Sales is a tool that helps sales teams write notes and summarize meetings 30x faster. It also automatically extracts Sales Insights, writes follow-up emails, and pushes call notes to Salesforce.
- Live Summary: If you miss any part of the meeting, Otter generates a summary in real time, allowing you to easily catch up on anything you missed.
- Interviews: Otter.ai is a transcription tool that uses artificial intelligence to generate transcriptions for interviews.
- Lectures: Otter.ai can be used to transcribe lectures, making it easier for students to review the material later.
- Voice Conversations: Otter turns your voice conversations into smart notes that you can easily search and share.
- Thought Capture: You can use Otter to capture your thoughts and ideas while you’re driving in the car.
- Transcribing Existing Recordings and Podcasts: Otter allows you to transcribe your existing recordings and podcasts.
Monthly subscription – $16.99/month
Annual subscription – $10/month
Siteefy content is free. When you purchase through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.