Quora is a popular question-and-answer website where all content – the questions and answers – are contributed by Quora users. It is a direct and easy way to connect with Internet users, ask questions and get answers on topics you are interested in.
Below we gathered the most important and interesting facts about Quora that will blow your mind. Quora is the whole world on its own!
Without further ado, here are some statistics about Quora:
General Quora Statistics
- In 2020, ‘video conferencing’ topic views went up by 844% due to the pandemic.
- In terms of page views and daily visitors, Quora ranked 80th in 2020 according to Alexa.
- Of the total visits on Quora, 75% are from mobile devices.
- The other 25% come from all other devices like laptops, iPads, desktops, e.t.c.
- 60% of the businesses using Quora are B2B companies, while the remaining 40% are B2C companies.
- There are 54 million+ organic words indexed by Google on Quora.
- 52% of Quora users own a gaming or video console.
- Quora receives about 50 million+ organic search visits every month.
- Posting good answers on Quora has the potential to generate over 1 million views and tons of interaction like shares and upvotes.
- It is estimated that a question with 30 views will get at least one upvote.
- Quora records a rate of 2.13 page views per user.
- On average, questions asked on Quora get five answers.
- There are more than 55 million content pages on Quora.
User Statistics and Demographics
- Up until January 2020, Quora recorded around 200 million unique visitors per month and over 150 million active users.
- By the end of 2020, the number grew to 300 million, mainly as a result of the pandemic.
- There are over 190 million active users on Quora monthly.
- Over 300,000 topics are talked about on Quora.
- The largest group of Quora users are between the ages of 18 – 24, making up almost half (45%) of total users.
- The second-largest group of users are between the ages of 25 – 34, making up 32%.
- Data shows that users over the age of 40 rarely use Quora and, if they did, do not spend that much time on the website.
- 36% of Quora users are Managers or in management positions.
- 65% have higher education degrees.
- 28% have some form of education degree.
- People who use LinkedIn spend twice more time on Quora compared to others.
- 54% of users make more than $100,000 a year.
- On average, users spend 4 minutes on Quora.
- Visitors can spend up to 2 hours on Quora at a given time.
- 77% of users come from all search engines.
- Quora records a massive 60% traffic from two of them: Google and Bing.
- A staggering 43% of Quora’s traffic comes from India and 21% from the United States.
- The rest of the world’s users of Quora account for 27.5%.
- Direct searches account for 20% of Quora’s traffic, 0.57% from social media and 0.43% from referrals.
- Of the users that come from social media, almost half, come from Facebook at 43%, 8% come from Twitter, while Youtube contributes 27% of the traffic Quora gets.
- 0.16% of total traffic is from display ads.
- As of 2021, Quora gets an average of 3,000 – 5,000 questions daily.
- Since January 2017, 13 million questions have been asked, in total, on Quora.
- 99% of questions asked on Quora get answered.
- 20% of questions get not less than 3 answers.
- 90% of questions on Quora have less than ten answers.
- Two-fifths of Quora questions have no votes from users.
- Over 30% of Quora users haven’t responded to any question.
- 70% of Quora’s population haven’t submitted a question on the platform.
- “What does HMU mean in a text”, “How much does 5 gallons of water weigh”, and “Is 1GB equal to 1024 MB or 1000 MB” are top asked questions on Quora.
- Over 90% of users follow at least one topic on Quora
- And 0.01% follow over 1000 topics.
Quora Content Statistics
- “Everyday life” is the most popular topic on Quora, with entertainment, health, technology, business, travel, and learning coming behind in that order.
- In terms of content, Quora is the second largest library behind Wikipedia.
- It’s no surprise that the “everyday life” topic has over 86 million followers since a lot of people are interested in life hacks and so on.
- Over 83 million people follow the “entertainment” topic
- And a total of 54.8 million people follow the “learning” topic.
- Academias have found their niche on Quora as well with the “higher education” topic having over 16 million followers.
- “Fashion and design” is a very trendy topic so little wonder it has 42+ million followers on Quora.
- Quora has something for business people as well, with about 58 million people following the “business” topic on the platform.
- The “technology” topic has over 70 million followers while the “marketing topic records a total of 29 million current followers on Quora.
- In terms of engagement, Quora “shares” are significantly more than every other form of engagement, with upvotes coming at a close second.
Quora Ads Statistics
- In 2018, Quora’s 690 million unique visitors generated $8 million in revenue.
- Ads on Quora get four times the conversions compared to other platforms.
- There is at least one discussion thread on 84% of the brands on Quora.
- There are several threads on 98% of these brands.
- The top 5 brands most discussed on Quora are Google, Starbucks, Amazon, Coca-Cola, and Intel, respectively.
- In 2020, 27% more marketers invested in Quora Ads.
- The click-through rate (CTR) and the cost per click (CPC) on Quora are significantly better compared to other platforms.
- On average, an ad budget of $1000 on Quora will give a 0.91% CTR and a CPC of $0.26.
- 13% of users are likely to be potential leads in the auto category.
- 80% of ad clicks and impressions are from mobile devices.
Market Value Statistics
- Quora’s present worth is valued at $2 billion.
- Quora generates $112 million from digital advertising and marketing per year.
- Since it was founded in June 2009, a total of $226 million has been invested in Quora.
There’s a massive potential for digital marketers to harness the possibilities Quora has to offer. But over the years, the website has been sidelined due to the relatively little PR it has on the amount of traffic it amasses at a time.
With over 200 million monthly visits to the platform, it might come as a shock to many how Quora is doing so well. This article was written to clear the fog by exposing you to accurate statistics to uncover the possibilities Quora gives.